«

»

Nov 05

Recent Alumni Features

Kettering graduate featured on 60 Minutes

Paul Glomski '99

Paul Glomski ’99

Kettering University graduate and founder of Detroit Labs, Paul Glomski ‘99, appeared on 60 Minutes on CBS on October 13 to discuss downtown Detroit’s revitalization.

Glomski is the founder of Detroit Labs, a tech company that develops applications for the iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows 8. Detroit Labs is located on Woodward Avenue in downtown Detroit and Glomski believes its geography provides an advantage over other similar companies across the country.

Read more.

Kettering graduate using engineering skills in healthcare field

Nathan Wilke ‘84

Nathan Wilke ‘84

When Nathan Wilke ‘84 was searching for colleges, unbeknownst to him at the time, he was also foreshadowing his future career.

A Wisconsin native, Wilke first became interested in Kettering University (then GMI) after reading a Milwaukee newspaper article that discussed the University’s co-op education model.

“I was looking for a college that was going to be a good value,” Wilke said. “I needed to be able to earn an income in order to fund my education, so co-op was perfect for that. I was able to finish my undergrad degree essentially debt-free, and that was something my parents and I really appreciated.”

Read more.

Kettering allowed graduate to dive into engineering right away

Amanda Mallek ’08

Amanda Mallek ’08

Amanda Mallek ’08 chose Kettering not once but twice – each time for different reasons. The first time, Mallek enrolled to take advantage of the experiential and co-op-based learning model.

“I chose Kettering because of the co-op program,” Mallek said. “I wasn’t entirely sure when I graduated high school if I wanted to be an engineer and what I liked about Kettering is that I could try it starting in my freshman year.”

Kettering was the right fit for Mallek as she graduated in 2008 with a degree in industrial engineering while completing her co-op placement at Fernco in Davison, Mich.

Read more.